A lot of people don’t like karela and The primary reason why people dislike this vegetable is its bitterness. if you cook properly will not feel bitter taste at all. Just follow the steps as I have made it and trust me you will not feel bitter taste.
SERVE FOR : 2 to 3 COOK TIME : 30 MIN
- 2-3 Bitter melon (karela)
- 2 Onion
- 1/4 Grated coconuts
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Rosted Grated peanuts
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2-3 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
Step By Step Stuffed Karela / Bitter Gourd :
1) First Peel the Karela outer ridges lightly ,Rinse under water and Remove the seeds.place a steam cooker on the stove-top. Fill the cooker to quarter with water. Add a teaspoon of salt to water. Place the karelas in a steam basket. Cover tightly with lid. Bring the water to boil and steam-cook the karelas to tender. Takes around five minutes. Pay attention to the process and do not overcook the karelas to mush.
2) Let the karelas cool.Then Do the following step which shown in below pics .
3) Now let us start making the gravy for stuffed karela sabji. Heat oil in a kadhai or deep bottom pan and add cumin seeds , Ginger Garlic Paste then Add onion and mix well till onion turn light brown.
4) Add Grated Coconuts. After coconuts turn light brown add Turmeric Powder,garam masala, red chilli powder, Salt to taste and mix well.
5) Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Add rosted grated peanuts , coriander leaves,Sesame seeds and Mix well and let the dry spices get cooked with gravy for 2-3 minutes.
5) Now stuffing part : Add/stuff Masala which is shown in below pic. Again Heat oil in deep bottom pan and put stuffed karela in a frying pan . Fry both side till it will turn golden brown.
6) Now Serve Hot with chapati/ Roti or Rice Enjoy :