Veg Manchurian is one of the most popular & super tasty dish..! And another my daughter’s fav. dish 🙂
Indian Manchurian is a great dish for parties. Kids love this starter. As I made this recipe for kids, I have not used artificial colour, ajinomoto in dry Manchurian recipe. Also this is home made version so I wanted it to be as much healthy and simple as possible.
This delicious Appetizer is really easy to make at home. It is made from finely minced cabbage, carrot, spring onions, coated with corn flour and deep fried to Manchurian balls , then dipped in a tangy hot sauce.
PREPARE TIME : 10/15 MIN COOKING TIME : 30 MIN SERVES : 2-3
- Carrot grated – 1 cup (Measure after Grated)
- Chopped spring onion – ½ cup
- Cabbage grated – 2 cup
- Capsicum Chopped – 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Green chilly – 2
- paper powder -1 tsp
- Maida / All purpose flour – ¼ cup
- Corn flour – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Chilly sauce – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 3 to 5 tbsp
- Dark soya sauce – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
Step by Step Pictures for making Veg Manchurian :
1) Take Bowl, add all grated and chopped vegetable. Add all purpose flower( maida), paper powder and cornflour.
2) Mix well and prepare for small round balls ( as the vegetables has water content, no need to add water )
3) Meanwhile heat oil in a frypan. Add the vegetable balls in hot oil and Deep fry on medium heat to golden & crisp.
4) Let Prepare for Sauce.In a non-stick pan heat oil and add garlic and ginger. Saute for a minute till garlic starts releasing aroma. Then add spring onion, Chopped capsicum (optional), Green chilli and Mix well and cook for half a minute.
5) Now add soya sauce,some tomato ketchup , red chilli sauce,salt in Manchurian gravy mixture. If you want you can add (optional) corn flour paste ( 1 tbsp corn flour + 1/4 cup water )
6) Then sauce is ready add fry Manchurian balls. Toss and cook on high flame 1-2 min.
7) Now your Fav. Dry Veg Manchurian is ready to serve hot 🙂 Enjoy